January 3, 2021
Dear Parents and Community,
2020 is officially behind us and the holidays served to change all the rules yet again.
1) The Alsea Charter School is open for in person instruction tomorrow:)
2) We will continue with our COVID mitigation protocols and stay vigilant to keep our students/staff safe and our doors open.
3) As many of you are aware Governor Brown moved all metrics from Mandatory to Advisory. Unfortunately, she did not provide any guidance about what this change means.
4) As of today, schools are told to continue with their mitigation plans in order to have the newly passed liability protection.
5) There are a handful of school districts around the state who are going to open up for in person instruction. This is great news but most of the districts in Benton and Linn Counties are staying on CDL.
All of these changes can contribute to a lot of uncertainty and confusion. The best we all can do is to take good care of ourselves and exercise good judgement tempered by “an abundance of caution.” Winter COVID case counts remain high, but the Wolverine Spirit towers above all!
Thank you for trusting us with your amazing student(s). Go Wolverines!
Alsea Superintendent/K-12 Principal
541-487-4305 Ext. 201