Skip Navigation
SafeOregon - School Safety Tip Line

COVID Update 10-4-2021 – Letters from Mr. Thielman

October 4, 2021

Dear Parents and Community,

Thank you for your grace and patience with the Sunday Evening Surprise closing of our K-12 school.  We definitely needed the time to do some detailed contact tracing in collaboration with Benton County Health.  At this time, we are planning to hold school tomorrow for Alsea Charter School, Tuesday, October 5th:).  Preschool will remain closed all week as we await the results from tests of close contacts.  
As mentioned prior, it is important to monitor for symptoms and isolate and seek testing, if needed at a COVID testing clinic in your area.  In my Sunday night fog I mistakenly referred our families to seek testing at “clinics,” which is too broad a term.  Clinics, like the one here in Alsea only provide testing if the patients are there for Primary Care.  This omission has created some confusion and for that I sincerely apologize.
As we move forward, please continue to keep COVID in mind, and if in doubt apply the 3-5 day rule, in which a person proactively isolates and seeks testing.  If the test is negative, and the person is not symptomatic then they can get back to school/life.  This process is proving to be a useful safeguard for keeping other students and staff safe.
As always, feel free to text me at 15092205313 or email me at marc.thielman@alsea.k12or.us if you have any questions or concerns.   Go Wolverines!!!
Sincerely,

Marc Thielman

Alsea Superintendent/K-12 Principal
541-487-4305 Ext. 201