The Alsea Home-based Distance Education Program is not just another virtual school. The program has been specifically designed with the learner in mind. It is a blended model of live interaction, technology integration, and individual real-world, project-based learning. This model allows students to work at their own pace to maximize learning gains, close learning gaps, and accelerate new opportunities. The blended curriculums reinforce the concepts in contexts of how we actually use them every day in our lives.
What you get:
- Standards-based, blended, project-based curriculum
- Proficiency assessment system (we learn until we master it)
- Secure learning and communication portal
- Daily interactions with a teacher
- On-call teacher support during the school day
- Parent/Coach support and training
- Regular reporting and progress monitoring
In addition, you will receive:
- A computer
- Other technology as needed
- Learning materials as needed
- At home school supplies
Let’s make at-home learning relevant, meaningful and impactful!