Alsea School’s athletic program serves students in grades 5-12 for FREE! In addition to no fees to play, ALL students make our teams. In the fall, we offer volleyball, football and cheer. Winter brings boys and girls basketball, and in the spring our robust track program keeps students busy.
What do I need to do to play?
- SPORTS PHYSICALS: Students entering 5th, 7th, 9th and 11th grade AND all students new to Alsea Athletics must get a sports physical before starting regular season practice.
- Physician’s Pre-Participation Physical Form – Take this form to your child’s physical appointment. You MUST complete the information in Part 1 prior to the appointment.
- Fill out and return forms provided by the athletic department, including, but not limited to: the Parent Permission Form and Interval History form.
- Attend the beginning of the season parent and player meeting with the coach, or, if you have missed this, arrange to talk to the coach to learn about sport specific rules and requirements.
- Familiarize yourself with the Alsea Athletic Policy . It includes information on eligibility requirements, student athlete attendance and much more.
Uniforms & Equipment
Student Athletes are issued uniforms and sport specific equipment that is the property of the school. The athlete is responsible for the reasonable care and safekeeping of all items issued to them during the sport season. At the end of the sport season, all district property must be returned to the office. Equipment for the next season will not be distributed until all sports equipment from the previous season has been returned.
Athletic Director Nicole Davis