At a special board meeting on September 20, 2023, Ms. Nieraeth presented to the board an updated Integrated Guidance plan with a budget. Based on the priorities that were given from the stakeholders of our community and Alsea’s state data, the following priorities emerged:
- Ensure Success for ALL students.
- Support for CTE and enrichment courses for grades 7 – 12.
- Support for STEM and enrichment activities for grades K – 8.
- Staff to ensure class sizes remain small.
- Support for students for college and career activities.
- Support for After School and Summer Enrichment Programs.
- Support for High School Students for Credit Recovery.
- Staff support for instructional practices and curriculum implementation.
- Increase attendance incentives and support for students and families.
The updated plan included the following outcomes that will be supported by the HSS, SIA, CSI/TSI, and CTE funding:
- Ensuring ALL students are meeting benchmarks in 3rd grade reading, 9th grade on track, and graduate with a plan.
- The health and wellness of staff and students is improved with a culture of safety and respect that supports social, emotional, and physical wellbeing.
- All students participate in real world learning to develop future job and social skills.
The board voted to approve the updated Integrated Guidance Plan and Budget along with an equity statement.
The Integrated Plan and Budget can be found at the link below: